Sunday, December 8: Sounds Sacred (to me): From Darkness to Light @ Studio 222, 5 PM.
Monday, December 9: WTF Book Club discussing the article, “Confessions of a Ramadan Rookie” from The New Yorker
Monday, December 16: Theology Pub: What is “incarnation” and does it matter? @ Sidestreet Grille and Pub, 7:30-9:00.
Sunday, December 22: Cracked Word @Atomic, 7:30 PM. “Cracked” A writing group open to all. Come with a writing utensil and paper—you’ll be given writing prompts around a theme and then set free to write what you will and share what you want.
Monday, December 23: Christmas Party at Holly’s House: 7:30 PM. Contact Holly for more information on location.
Monday, January 6: Theology Pub: Where (does) Soul meets Body, (and Mind)? 7:30 PM @ Sidestreet Grille and Pub, 7:30-9 PM.
Sunday, January 12: Sounds Sacred (to me): Resolution. @ Studio 222, 5pm
Monday, January 13: WTF (Where’s The Faith) Book Club @the Spirit Room on Broadway. Book TBA.
- Theology Pub: Why do you (or don’t you) go to church?
- Cracked Word writing group explores “being 5″
- Theology Pub: Herman Who? What is a Hermeneutic and do I have one?
- Theology Pub on how to make sense of the resurrection.
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Groundbreaking
- Faith and Film Discussion around Les Miserables
- Faith on Stage event with cast members and director of “Sweet Nothing” at Theatre B
- MLK Day celebration with the City of Fargo
- Theology Pub: How might a person of faith think about the gun issue?
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Resolution
- Sounds Sacred (to me): From Darkness to Light
- Sounds Sacred (to me): A Sort of Homecoming
- Faith On Stage: A discussion of the faith and values in Theatre B’s production of “Good People”
- Theology Pub: Can “coming out” be a spiritual practice?
- Theology Pub: Can God have more than one image?
- Where’s the Faith? Book Group (last read: Sacred Ground)
- Documentary Faith Night:The Lost Gospel of Judas at the Red Raven Espresso Parlor
Our leadership is always in the process of listening and imagining what gatherings fit our community best. So far, we’ve discerned the importance of hosting Theology Pub on most first and third Mondays of every month, and a book club on most second and fourth Mondays. Sounds Sacred (to me) happens the second Sunday of the month. Cracked Word Writing Group is the 4th Sunday of the Month. We also co-sponsor, support or go to other community events in F-M.