Our leadership is always in the process of listening and imagining what gatherings fit our community best. So far, we’ve discerned the importance of hosting Theology Pub on most first and third Mondays of every month, and WTF? (Where’s the Faith?) Book Club on most second and fourth Mondays.
Sounds Sacred (to me) often happened the second Sunday of the month. This is a service of reflection using poetry and contemporary music centered around a sacred theme. Communion is served and everyone is welcome to participate in whatever way makes sense to them. We also co-sponsor, support or go to other community events in F-M.
Theology Pub Topics
- Dialogue for Peace Building
- Faith and Science
- Does God care about the Bible as much as Christians do?
- What is incarnation and does it matter?
- Where is God?
- Can we recognize our own privilege?
- Is faith something you believe or something you practice?
- Multiple Belonging
- Stories from the other side of the world
- Do we need religion?
- Why do you (or don’t you) go to church?
- What’s it like to be homeless in F-M?
- How might a person of faith think about the gun issue?
- Herman who? What is a hermeneutic and do I have one?
- Can “coming out” be a spiritual practice?
- Can God have more than one image?
Where’s The Faith? Book Club
- The Year of Living Biblically: One Man’s Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible
- Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal
- Discussion of the article “Confessions of a Ramadan Rookie”
- Pastrix: The Cranky, Beautiful Faith of a Sinner & Saint
- Putting Away Childish Things: A Novel of Modern Faith
- Sacred Ground
Sounds Sacred (to me)
- The Story of the Last Week of Jesus
- Ashes to Ashes
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Where’s the love?
- From Darkness to Light
- Dance for the dead
- Yes! (an interfaith service for F-M Pride)
- Work, Sleep, Eat, Repeat?
- A Sort of Homecoming
Faith and Film Discussion
- “Les Misérables”
Faith on Stage
- A discussion of Act Up Theatre’s production of “Bare”
- Event with cast members and director of “Sweet Nothing” at Theatre B
- A discussion of the faith and values in Theatre B’s production of “Good People”
- Outrageous Faith: A Night of Great Music and Honest Talk (road trip to Grand Forks)
- Cracked Word Writing Group
- Documentary Faith Night: “The Overnighters”
- Documentary Faith Night: “The Lost Gospel of Judas”