Our leadership is always in the process of listening and imagining what gatherings fit our community best. So far, we’ve discerned the importance of hosting Theology Pub on most first and third Mondays of every month, and WTF? (Where’s the Faith?) Book Club on most second and fourth Mondays. Sounds Sacred (to me) usually happens the second Sunday of the month. This is a service of reflection using poetry and music centered around a sacred theme. Communion is served and everyone is welcome to participate in whatever way makes sense to them. Cracked Word Writing Group is often on the fourth Sunday of the month. We also co-sponsor, support or go to other community events in F-M.
Monday, July 21: Theology Pub @ Sidestreet Grille and Pub | 7:30 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 4: Theology Pub @ Sidestreet Grille and Pub | 7:30 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 11: WTF? (Where’s The Faith?) Book Club: “The Year of Living Biblically: One Man’s Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible” by A.J. Jacobs @ the Spirit Room on Broadway | 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 17: Sounds Sacred (to me): “Yes!” Interfaith Service for Fargo-Moorhead Pride @ the Fargo Theatre | Reception at noon followed by the service at 12:30 p.m.
- Theology Pub: Taboos
- Theology Pub: Morals
- Theology Pub: Faith and Science
- Faith and Film Discussion: “Noah”
- Where’s The Faith? Book Club (“Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal”)
- Sounds Sacred (to me): The Story of the Last Week of Jesus
- Theology Pub: Does God care about the Bible as much as Christians do?
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Ashes to Ashes
- Theology Pub: What is incarnation and does it matter?
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Where’s the love?
- Theology Pub: Where is God?
- Where’s The Faith Book Club: Discussion of the article “Confessions of a Ramadan Rookie”
- Theology Pub: Can we recognize our own privilege?
- Sounds Sacred (to me): From Darkness to Light
- Theology Pub: Is faith something you believe or something you practice?
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Resolution
- Theology Pub: Multiple Belonging
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Dance for the dead
- Theology Pub: Stories from the other side of the world
- Outrageous Faith: A Night of Great Music and Honest Talk (road trip to Grand Forks)
- Where’s The Faith? Book Club (“Pastrix: The Cranky, Beautiful Faith of a Sinner & Saint”)
- Theology Pub: Do we need religion?
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Yes! (an interfaith service for F-M Pride)
- Faith on Stage: A discussion of Act Up Theatre’s production of “Bare”
- Cracked Word Writing Group: Being 5
- Theology Pub: Why do you (or don’t you) go to church?
- Theology Pub: What’s it like to be homeless in F-M?
- Where’s The Faith? Book Club (“Putting Away Childish Things: A Novel of Modern Faith”)
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Work, Sleep, Eat, Repeat?
- Theology Pub: Herman who? What is a hermeneutic and do I have one?
- Sounds Sacred (to me): Groundbreaking
- Faith and Film Discussion around “Les Miserables”
- Faith on Stage event with cast members and director of “Sweet Nothing” at Theatre B
- Theology Pub: How might a person of faith think about the gun issue?
- Sounds Sacred (to me): A Sort of Homecoming
- Faith on Stage: A discussion of the faith and values in Theatre B’s production of “Good People”
- Theology Pub: Can “coming out” be a spiritual practice?
- Theology Pub: Can God have more than one image?
- Where’s the Faith? Book Club (“Sacred Ground”)
- Documentary Faith Night: The Lost Gospel of Judas